Adding Cloudflare (Subdomain)

(Unavailable In the forum till 17 Dec. If something urgent, shoot me a mail at : bloggingsurgeon@gmail.com) #1

I am adding cloudflare to a site . Actually there is a subdomain there hosted at some other server so as we do, I added an A record there pointing to the IP address of that server.

But…

When I open that subdomain , it return error 521, web server down, while server is up and running (If I pause cloudflare, the subdomain starts working)

Anyone got an idea regarding same?

Am I missing something?

You have done anything else than adding A record with the server address?

Common causes

The two most common causes leading to Error 521 are:

The origin web server process (e.g., Apache or Nginx) might not be running or has crashed. In that case:

• Ensure your web server is running normally.
  • Review the server’s error logs to see what is causing the error.

If you’re unable to perform these tasks, contact your host provider.

Source: Cloudflare

(Unavailable In the forum till 17 Dec. If something urgent, shoot me a mail at : bloggingsurgeon@gmail.com) #4

Nothing except adding a single A record

(Unavailable In the forum till 17 Dec. If something urgent, shoot me a mail at : bloggingsurgeon@gmail.com) #5

As I mentioned, It is running properly and I can see that even if I pause cloudflare, that subdomain starts working well

Try accessing from other device probably a cache issue?

(Unavailable In the forum till 17 Dec. If something urgent, shoot me a mail at : bloggingsurgeon@gmail.com) #7

Did from both India and Bangladesh :stuck_out_tongue:

You installed the server by scratch or one click installer?

(Unavailable In the forum till 17 Dec. If something urgent, shoot me a mail at : bloggingsurgeon@gmail.com) #9

The main thing is other 5-6 subdomains are working well. Only the one, hosted at other server causing the issue

(Unavailable In the forum till 17 Dec. If something urgent, shoot me a mail at : bloggingsurgeon@gmail.com) #10

It is a fiverr order actually and I was speeding up the site and for that I am adding the cloudflare. So not much idea about servers

Try making the cloud grey

(Unavailable In the forum till 17 Dec. If something urgent, shoot me a mail at : bloggingsurgeon@gmail.com) #12

Did not worked. Tried already :frowning:

Maybe some problem from customer’s domain panel?

(Unavailable In the forum till 17 Dec. If something urgent, shoot me a mail at : bloggingsurgeon@gmail.com) #14

I also think same.

Then check if he already had screwed the subdomains

Can you check once its logs?

(Unavailable In the forum till 17 Dec. If something urgent, shoot me a mail at : bloggingsurgeon@gmail.com) #17

No access to hosting and domain registrar details

(Unavailable In the forum till 17 Dec. If something urgent, shoot me a mail at : bloggingsurgeon@gmail.com) #18

I checked with that Telnet IP 80 command and server is up

If you want a solution, I would suggest dropping a ticket at support [at] cloudflare.com, including Cloudflare Ray ID that you will see on the error 521 page.

(Unavailable In the forum till 17 Dec. If something urgent, shoot me a mail at : bloggingsurgeon@gmail.com) #20

Okay bro, I will try that.
Thanks for the support.

BTW, Wanted to discuss one more thing with you. Do you think that google page speed insights is bit buggy?