AdFirefly - Legit / Scam

Hi Guys,

Today I got a mail from “AdFireFly | Think Digital”…

Below give is the mail… Is it legit / scam ? I haven’t heard about this company before… Pls help!

We are interested in providing some sponsored ads on your page which can be shown on right side of your page.Sponsored ads are part of Facebook monetization which are targeted ads and will only appear to person who are under target, ads will not show on page 24/7 after posting them it will only appear to targeted audience and also depend on Facebook to whom and when they will show ads on side of your page.Our ads do not required any clicks or selling on them its pure advertising of our sponsors.
We can pay you $75 To $200 per ad for 24 hours and you can post two ads per day on your page for the first month we can pay you ad by ad payments means you will get paid every day for the ads you will post on that day and from next month we will pay you weekly payments.
For posting ads you need to first apply for sponsored ads from Facebook, I will walk you through and we can post 1 or 2 ads just to get a feel of it. I will send you ads via email and i will guide you how to post them on the side of the page.

Did you do it?

No.

It’s a SCAM!

I received the same email from support@adfirefly.com

We are interested in providing some sponsored ads on your page which can be shown on the right side of your page.Sponsored ads are part of Facebook monetization which are targeted ads and will only appear to people who are under target, ads will not show on page 24/7 after posting them it will only appear to targeted audience and also depend on Facebook to whom and when they will show ads on the side of your page.Our ads do not require any clicks or selling on them its pure advertising of our sponsors.

We can pay you $75 To $200 per ad for 24 hours and you can post two ads per day on your page for the first month we can pay you ad by ad payments means you will get paid every day for the ads you will post on that day and from next month we will pay you weekly payments.

He even called me to talk to me. He sent me a link so he could “help” me set up my ad account. I tried it and it was a SCAM. They took over my main Facebook fan page and ALL the groups associated with it. I’m in contact with Facebook now so they can help but I don’t know how it will turn out.

That’s shocking! :flushed:

Sorry to hear about the loss and thanks for taking time to share your personal experience with us.

I had to. When I googled it before I decided to try it, this was the only hit that came up and the OP didn’t try it so I figured I may as well see what would happen. I didn’t imagine this would.

Hi, I have suffered the same just today. I’m an Influencer and I’m so worried. My Facebook site was verified so I guess I should recover it but I don’t know how to contact Facebook. Please, can you let me know how you contacted Facebook?? Thanks in advance

Hi @msors, Facebook has various channel of support for almost everything.

Here is couple of links that you may find helpful as per your ned.

Can you let me know what did you do when you had the problem?

Thank you so much, did you recover your account??

I have not been their Victim, will never be because I usually skip such offer. Just answered your query.

Hello. It has been one week and I have not recovered my account. I have reached out for help via several pages:

• facebook[dot]com/help/contact/164405897002583
  • facebook[dot]com/help/131719720300233
  • Logged into Facebook Business Manager and clicked REPORT A PROBLEM in the bottom right corner.
  • Logged into regular Facebook and found the REPORT A PROBLEM link under QUICK HELP at the top menu. Then clicked PAGES.
  • Reached out to the company’s website and no one replied - adfirefly[dot]com
  • Set an appointment to speak with someone in the AdFirefly | Think Digital company, as though I would like to be a new customer and when the appointment time came they did not call.

So far none of this has helped me. It is a very elaborate scam. I am a verified page as well and have no other ideas what to do except wait or start over again.

Can’t you recover the password by using your email registered?
One idea is to give them a threatening mail by pretending to write letter to DMCA, if they have a website then their host and domain registrar as well.
Also include you will take it the legal way if they don’t fix it asap!

Thank you so much for your answer. So sad to hear that you are still in that situation too. Are you able to enter your account or not? I am able to access my page but, once inside, I see that the hackers are also inside, they created a different Administrators for my page and I’m not sure what they can manage with that.
As Facebook know that I can access my account, they think that the problem is already solved, and of course is not solved, but they don’t give me any options, just the link to change my password again and again. I’m really desperate. I’m going to try all these points, let’s keep in touch, I’ll also let you know if I find any possible solution.

I don’t have access to my page at all. When I go to the url it says the link is broken which means they either unpublished the page or changed the url. I can’t see it at all.

As for YOU, if you did what I did, which was add them via the Business Manager section of Facebook, simply make sure that your name is still an admin of the page. Go look right now on your page. If it is still an admin, then try to delete them as an admin through your page. If you cannot do this, then go to the Business Manager section and remove them as an admin there. Or ask Facebook to remove them as an admin through the Business Manager.

My mistake was deleting the joint Business Account before I made sure that my name was listed as an admin. They had deleted me already and I did not know to check it and I immediately panicked and deleted their account from being attached to mine. Since I was no longer an admin, I do not have access to my page. FIRST, go see if you are an admin on your page. THEN, delete them as admin either from your page or from Business Manager section.

Let me know what happens.