All queries related to WordPress Themes

My blog is just about a tech blog which provides articles on the web knowledge.
Now my question is I have found I no longer need this newspaper theme for my blog.

So prefer me a clean & blogging theme, & which will good between generatepress or genesis for me ?
And can anyone tell me which theme is used at wpbeginner?
also if you know any other wp theme(free or paid it doesn’t matter) which will be better for me then please suggest.

@GulshanKumar @AbhishekVerma @MyilRaj @sajjad @BLOGGING_SURGEON @Adarsh_Sahu please give your replies

2 Likes

@rajdeep WPBeginner uses a theme similar to this:

https://www.happythemes.com/demo/starter-pro/

Genesis is better than GeneratePress

1 Like

Thanks, @AbhishekVerma for your kind response
looks like its genesis child theme
So which should I choose for my blog?

Do not use Genesis Child. Go for GeneratePress.

1 Like

why ? :confounded:

Check these lightweight sites
Genesis is old and needs a lot of time to customize…

1 Like

Genesis & Generate Press both are amazing theme.
You can go for any of these.

1 Like

Use generatepress + Elementor / Or free Astra + Elementor (Both combinations works good for me)

Design homepage as you want and enjoy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Genesis has been better known for coding standard, compatibility, SEO and more. There are tons of free and premium tutorial, developer on the web dedicated to Genesis theme.

If we look at Appearance > Customize menu, Genesis offers some basic control.

To match your requirement,

• You need a Child Theme
  • You need to use Code Snippets with various theme functions.php code to make basic editing.
  • There are also some plugin which can help in getting things done. This requires some learning time before you get used to it. Ref: screenshot

Second, let’s talk about GeneratePress. What I liked about this theme

• The theme author is polite and helpful. Focused on providing proper documentation and support.
  • Theme is fairly easy for beginners. I would highly recommend. :+1:

Elements: I personally use its Hooks option with some Display Rule for adding some snippet.

Site Library: You can get some pre-built design in few clicks. It is available in two forms, one with Page builder another which doesn’t use any Page Builder.

GeneratePress theme has indepth menus which allow to take control of the various aspects directly from its user interface. With Genesis, you may need to do mostly with Child theme or or Code Snippet. This is not the case here.

For example, If you want change Featured Image size for the Posts, this can be done from its settings.

Summary

• Genesis is best suitable for Developer. It is best when combined with proper Child theme.

• GeneratePress is best suitable theme for beginner, doesn’t require any child theme.

Did I missed anything?

All the best!

3 Likes

@GulshanKumar thanks for this elaboration. my last question is which will better for me ?

1 Like

You can use this link to find the WP theme of any site: https://whatwpthemeisthat.com/
No.2.) Your theme is looking Good, and I recommend you to install any Theme Builder to give more appealing look to your front end.
Recommended: Elementor, Thrive Architect.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.:smile:
By default, newspaper comes with wp bakery page builder(premium version) & without it, a home page like my website cant be designed.
can you suggest me anything between these?

1 Like

Go for GeneratePress. It is best in the long term. :+1:

1 Like

I am thinking so, by the way free or paid which version you mean & if I cant able to customize then will you help me ?

Premium version.

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Thanks to all for their feedback :smiley:
I have got my solution, growing towards blogging.

1 Like

Actually, I love Genesis. I haven’t tried GeneratePress yet.

2 Likes

Does gp premium plugin work with free version of generatepress?

Yes, it works.

Really I don’t have any experience in GP (or) Genesis. But I have heard that most people were using GP and so, you give it a try. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes