Blogging Tools Megathread

Hello folks,

I am posting the helpful tools that you can use to improve your productivity and grow your blog. You can use these Blogging Tools to make your blogging life easier and more productive. I have collected these tools on my own. Hope you guys will like it.

Estimate Read Time: 6 minute 10 seconds

Note: You’re welcome to suggest more tools, and I will update here.

So, let’s have a look at these Blogging tools:

Find Post Ideas

1. Reddit: Join subreddits related to your blog niche and find out post ideas through the questions and threads in the subreddits.

2. StackExchange: StackExchange have different types of forums for every other topic, you can join the forum related to your topic and find blog post ideas.

3. Quora: Quora is a great platform where peoples ask and answer questions, you can join it and find out topics to write about. You can also join spaces to share your content and get blog post ideas.

4. Answers.com: It is a website similar to Quora, here peoples ask questions and answer other question.

5. Google Trends: Google Trends is a great tool that shows the latest trending topics. You can use these trending searches to get blog post ideas.

6. BuzzSumo: BuzzSumo is a tool that shows the most shared content on a website or topic. This can also help you to figure out your blog post topic.

7. UberSuggest: Ubersuggest is a great tool that is used to figure out different type of stats about a website. But it also have an option “Content Ideas”, you can use it to find Blog content ideas.

Keyword Analyzing Tools

1. KWFinder: KWFinder is a tool that will help you to figure out relevant keywords for your post.

2. KeywordsEverywhere: KeywordsEverywhere is a chrome extension that will show you analysis within your browser and show stats of website when you search anything in Google.

3. KeywordExplorer: KeywordExplorer is a tool by Moz. It helps you to find out the right keyword for your blog post.

4. KeywordTool.io: KeywordTool.io is a tool that help your to figure out keywords for your blog post. It is ranked no. 1 on Google as Keyword Finding tool.

5. Ahrefs: Ahrefs is a very-well known tool used by fellow bloggers. It is a very helpful tool to analyze backlinks and find keywords for blog post.

6. Keyword Planner: Keyword Planner is a tool by Google that is mainly used for Google Ads but you can also use it to find keywords.

7. Soovle: Soovle is a tool that suggest you keywords for different website as you start typing.

Create Images & Infographics

1. Canva: Canva is a very powerful tool which is very easy to use and you can design different types of graphics like Featured image, facebook cover, infographic etc. It also have a mobile app.

2. Crello: Crello is also a fool similar to Canva with some extra features.

3. Adobe Spark Post: Adobe Spark Post is a tool that can be used to create graphics for social media and featured images.

4. Google Slides: You can also use Google slides to create featured images and other type of graphics and import them as PNG or JPEG.

5. Infogram: It is very well known tool to create infographics and used by many fellow bloggers.

6. Infographia: Infographia is also a great tool to create infographics. Comes with pre-designed templates and used by big businesses.

7. Venngage: It is also a popular tool used to create infographics.

8. Piktochart: Free and Powerful Infographic maker. Comes with pre-designed templates.

Copyright Free Stock Images

1. Pixabay: You can use the images without giving credits, but I would recommend to give credits if you like someone’s work.

2. Pexels: Its a huge library of free stock images, and videos that you can use in your blog post. This is also helpful for YouTubers.

3. Flickr: Use Flickr to find out the images with creative commons licence.

4. Wikimedia Commons: Its a library of copyright free images, but before using the images please look at the licence info.

5. Unsplash: It is my favourite spot to grab images for my videos and blog posts. Give it a try.

6. Shopify Burst: It is a website by Shopify to grab copyright free images.

7. KaboomPics: It is also an underrated but good collection of free stock photos.

Social Media Management Tools

1. Buffer: Buffer is a very helpful tool that lets you manage all your social media accounts at one place and post content on several social media websites from one place.

2. HootSuite: Hootsuite is a social media scheduling and managing too.

3. SocialPilot: It is a not so popular social media tool similar to Buffer & Hootsuite.

4. Tailwind: Schedule your social media posts with Tailwind. Works best with Pinterest.

5. ClickToTweet: ClickToTweet is a tool that lets you add blockquotes on clicking tweets the text and your post. Try out this tool made by @piyush

6. Go: Sometimes your domain get banned on social media websites like facebook, then you can use Go Tool by @piyush

Writing Tools

1. Grammarly : Grammarly is a great tool used by people’s to improve writing by fixing grammar issues, autocorrect, writing tone and other important features. Try it out.

2. Hemmingway App: This app let you learn and write content that is engaging and can drive more traffic.

3. Google Docs: Grab an idea, note down points and start writing in Google Docs with proper formatting.

4. Evernote: Have an idea, write down points and short notes on Evernote and begin writing. Google Keep is also a good alternative.

5. WordPress App: Want to blog while roaming around the world, try wordpress that lets you manage and write blog anytime anywhere. BTW! Stop roaming, #StayHomeStaySafe.

6. Trello: Manage your daily tasks with kanban board. No you don’t need to buy bulky kanhan board try trello to manage tasks and be productive.

Pagespeed Test

1. FastorSlow: A new tool by WordFence for checking site speed from the multiple regions.

2. GTMetrix: GTMetrix is a great tool and recommended for pagespeed test. You can test your website speed from different regions and use adblock and many more features. You will get detailed report that you can also export in PDF for further reference.

3. KeyCDN Pagespeed: KeyCDN Pagespeed is a tool by KeyCDN where you can test your website page speed.

4. Pingdom: Pingdom Pagespeed is a website that tests your pagespeed from diffrent regions. Try it out.

5. Pagespeed Insights: It is a tool that is provided by Google to test your pagespeed on both mobile and desktop.

6. If you are using Blogger (formerly Blogspot) you can read my Medium article to learn how to increase your page speed.

Icons and Vectors

1. Flaticon: Huge library of vector icons free and paid icons available. Backed by Freepik. PNG, EPS, PSD, and JPEG available. You can customize your icons on the website and download.

2. icons8 : Another big library of icons and vectors. Download them in PNG,EPS, JPEG and other formats.

3. Vecteezy: Vecteezy have 300k+ free vectors icons. Try our. Attribution required.

4. TheNounProject: TheNounProject is a website with collection of more than one million icons and its all for free.

5. PNGTree: PNGTree is a collection of icons that are only available in PNG format. So, yeah you can try them.

6. Iconmonstr: It is a website that provides free vector icons in PNG, SVG, PSD, EPS formats.

7. undraw.co: Love illustrations, then you’ll love undraw too. Try it out.

That’s it for now. I will add more after some time. You guys can also suggest me more tools below. I will update this thread.

Thank You,
Abhishek Verma. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

This is great. Ultimate guide for beginners.

Thanks

You should also mention Appsumo.

It is not a tool itself but they introduce lifetime deals of so many amazing tools.

For example,

Crello, a canva alternative. I got lifetime premium for $49 (I think), their premium images are much better than free Canva.

Frase, I bought unlimited license few days ago and since then my topic research time has been reduced significantly. I can also see what topic other people are covering and what questions are the users asking.

Or, WPReset, which takes quick snapshot of my site before any theme/plugin/core updates. I have broken my site so many times by updating too early or just being stupid and this tool helps me get it back in a single click.

I have many other tools I bought which helps me a lot in my daily life.

I recommend Appsumo to everyone, because they have so many amazing deals that you just can’t ignore it.

1 Like