Difference: Vultr vs DO

I’m targeting 3 of them, as I’m getting the same traffic. But the US is the focus, so I prefer having a server in NYC. While CDN will help, the server latency to Mumbai and London will still matter.

Pinged Vultr support about the latency thing and got a reply in just 8 minutes :stuck_out_tongue:

I had said no, they reply earliest.

I had conversations with them multiple times, they have been quick, polite and helpful.

Well, unmanaged servers are fun… but it’ something I would like to avoid after having a pathetic experience with an Indian host (E2E Networks).

So it’s Cloudways, Kinsta, WP Engine always for me :stuck_out_tongue:

PING 45.32.100.168 (45.32.100.168) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 45.32.100.168: icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.026 ms
64 bytes from 45.32.100.168: icmp_seq=2 ttl=64 time=0.065 ms
64 bytes from 45.32.100.168: icmp_seq=3 ttl=64 time=0.053 ms
64 bytes from 45.32.100.168: icmp_seq=4 ttl=64 time=0.058 ms

--- 45.32.100.168 ping statistics ---
4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3068ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 0.026/0.050/0.065/0.016 ms

@GulshanKumar The latency is 3068ms?

That is a total RTT(Round Trip Time), not TTFB(Time to First Byte).

To check TTFB easily, simply login to GTMetrix and run test from your target location. Then click on Timing tab.

Left (DO) vs right (Vultr).

Just curious. Why NY? Will weather have an impact? NY has bad winters and frequent flooding. Some places in the atlantic region are experiencing snow even now in March because of ‘beast from east’. Isn’t east coast further away from India than west coast? From the west coast, cross Pacific ocean and Indian ocean to reach India. From east coast, cross the Atlantic ocean - Europe - middle east/ africa to reach India. Is land or ocean better or it doesn’t make a difference at all?

But then even texas was flooded this year so every place has its own problem.

Edit: Sorry just realized my post just has a bunch of questions and nothing that helps you :smiley:

More traffic from NYC :stuck_out_tongue:

And yeah, any location not in reach of North Korea is better imho.

Haha! So west coast is ruled out then. Those who have servers in west coast don’t panic now or MAYBE YOU SHOULD :rofl:

Our commander-in-chief branded himself a “madman” just a few hours ago :grinning: (“As far as the risk of dealing with a madman is concerned, that’s his problem, not mine.”).

(just kidding)

Just another day in Digital Ocean

You should change your web server.

@BihariLala I am also using DO. There is no any down time for me. If you have more issue. Just think to change server location in the same country. DO is not that much worst as we are assuming here.

@anon65784627 @iqbal Well yes

http://status.digitalocean.com/incidents/lb2h5fdv3209

We’re very sorry about this. We have been undergoing a series of maintenance at NYC3 leading to these interruptions

There are three servers in NYC. NYC1, NYC2 works fine, but NYC3 is having problems. DigitalOcean says the issue has been fixed after today’s maintenance. Let’s see. I will check with Cloudways if I can move to NYC1 or 2.

Go with NYC2, I never faced any downtime issue.

Bummer.

Sorry, right now we do not have process for that in console as region are set from upstream provider.

NYC3 to NYC2 not possible. I’ll wait a couple of weeks, and see what happens in NYC3. If this doesn’t work, I’ll again try AWS with a CDN.

AWS with a CDN will be very cheap. AWS charges a huge amount for bandwidth and storage :stuck_out_tongue:

Here we go again.

DO NYC3 facing problems.

http://status.digitalocean.com/incidents/9fxhr9gjrq76