Download Website in Local PC?

Is there any way to download my own existing website to my PC?

I can develop a MAMP or LAMP environment with wordpress. But how do i clone all my files and my Database etc

Any ideas to do this simply

1. Take a backup of your existing with All in One Migration (Adjust URL if needed)
  2. Restore at locally hosted new WP
1 Like

If you are using CPanel –
Login to your CPanel > file manager > select all files and folders > right-click to compress it in Zip Format > Wait for some time and download the zip file.
Step 2:
CPanel > PHPMyAdmin > Database > export as .SQL > download.

Now you can install it on your local computer.

1 Like

If our site is 70 GB then all in one will create a 70 GB backup file?

Most likely. It will be little compressed.

If you want splitted in few portions then you can use UpdraftPlus to take a local backup

PS. Moving from live (example.com) to localhost (http://localhost) may require URL adjustment.

Alternatively,

There is a clean manual approach

1. Install plain WordPress in your localhost. For example: http://localhost
  2. Now here you need to replace wp-content and SQL database.

Let me know if you get stuck at any point.

HI.

I simply did one thing and it worked like a charm

I used duplicator plugin

Downloaded the archive and the package

Downloaded LOCALWP.com Wordpress instance for windows

Just copy pasted the archive and package and did the normal duplicator install

Within half hour I could install a large site in my local PC. And it ran nicely!

I have saved several $$$ by replicating my site locally. Now I can bloody play with the site as much as I want because I never replicate staging to live site.

The exercise was however waste because the plugin I was debugging didn’t run even with all plugins uninstalled, theme changed and server changed. I have written to plugin author now. Lets see

But above is a good method to copy site locally.

1 Like

This is the approach i used. But instead of manually installing, i just used LocalWP which is plain plug and play wordpress. Very nice.