Firefox Quantum

(Saksham Kumar) #1

Hello everyone,

This is not a blogging related question. But related to browsers.

Anyone here is using the new Firefox Quantum ?? The new Firefox is really very fast. Uses less memory than chrome and takes very little time to load pages. And the more cores your machine will have, the faster it will work for you.

So, if anyone is already using it, what do you think about it? Should we make the transition from chrome to Quantum or not? :sweat_smile:

(Astro K Joseph) #2

I haven’t tried it yet, But Chrome does everything I wanted so I am not gonna move anytime soon.

(Saksham Kumar) #3

Yeah, same with me. But when I tried Quantum. I was shocked. Means so much improvments. Good UI. And sites loads very fast on Quantum. .

(Astro K Joseph) #4

I think I should give it a shot

(Saksham Kumar) #5

Try it and share your feedback. :grinning:

(Gaitonde) #6

Yes Quantum is very fast compared to earlier versions of firefox.
I use it for most of work.
Chrome consumes more CPU power and memory. But it is better than quantum even now.
I am redesigning my site using materializecss and some of its part works perfectly in chrome but nor firefox. So my vote for best browser still goes to Chrome.

(Saksham Kumar) #8

And what if Quantum can sync all your bookmarks, saved passwords, cookies and browsing history from chrome in just 5 seconds. :roll_eyes::smirk:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/switching-chrome-firefox

(Abhishek Pathak) #9

Yes bro, I am using it.
It’s freaking fast. Twice as fast as chrome, but gives firefox feeling in the UI.
If speed is your primary concern, definitely make a switch.

But, I use chrome.
Chrome is still fast because it uses very fast Javascript engine.
The rendering of fonts is also better (doesn’t matter if you have mac… do you have mac? @Saksham )

(Saksham Kumar) #10

Nope… Windows only. Firefox has improved a lot with Quantum.

(Saksham Kumar) #12

(Ultra Noob) #13

It is good, though I’m still using Chrome :slight_smile:

(Freedom is NOT FREE) #14

I’m using Firefox Quantum. It’s fast and smooth. I didn’t feel any significant difference between Chrome and Firefox, in fact I rarely use Chrome. I use Firefox because it comes with inbuilt trackers blocker.

(Sahil Sharma | Proud Indian | Blogger) #15

Many extensions ( especially that made by google ) first are made available for chrome. So vote goes to chrome. Otherwise I am using Opera . It has built in VPN and many other cool features.

(Razor) #16

Installing it right now. I would always like to see how my site works on a new browser launched in the market. The comparison between chrome and firefox can go to hell :stuck_out_tongue:

(Saksham Kumar) #17

Yes, it is imprortant. My site homepage looks a bit different on Firefox, I don’t know why it is happening but it is very frustrating. :expressionless: