[Guide] Install phpMyAdmin for Cloudways Application Database

dailydose

phpMyAdmin is an open source and free tool to access MySQL Database manager easily.

For better user-experience you may like to upgrade from default MySQL manager to the phpMyAdmin.

To Install phpMyAdmin at Cloudways

1. Login to Cloudways and copy master credentials of your Server

2. Using SSH, navigate to public_html directory of your application.
    cd applications/example/public_html/
    Tip: You may find Application name is written inside Applications menu as DB name

3. Install phpMyAdmin

apt install unzip
wget https://files.phpmyadmin.net/phpMyAdmin/4.8.4/phpMyAdmin-4.8.4-all-languages.zip && unzip phpMyAdmin-4.8.4-all-languages.zip && rm phpMyAdmin-4.8.4-all-languages.zip && mv phpMyAdmin-4.8.4-all-languages phpmyadmin
  1. Now, you will be able to use phpMyadmin at example.com/phpmyadmin/

Related
Downloads Page

#DailyDose

Have any question, please feel free to write below.

10:49 PM 29-Dec-18: Updated phpMyAdmin version to 4.8.4

Thanks & Regards.
Gulshan

List Of Useful Linux Commands Necessary For SSH
Locked with WordPress? Here's the workaround!
Migrate WordPress from Cloudways to Vultr with ServerPilot (In 1 hour)
How To Import MySQL Database In MariaDB
How To Install WordPress With LAMP/LEMP In Ubuntu 18.04

"I know it’s helpful for some newbie, but seriosuly we aren’t " - harry

Dear, I have not intention to annoy. If you don’t like any specific thread, you’re most welcome to provide a feedback. But simply saying don’t really hurts me.

These #Daily_Doses are awesome. :roll_eyes: :heart_eyes:

From which source you thought that I have copy-pasted completely and published here? I don’t think so.

I wake up early morning 5:00 AM IST, posted 1 hour ago. Definately, whole day I have think a lot before posting. :smiley:

Nope!! I never do that. :slight_smile:

Instead, I only prefer posting here what I think relevant to member’s interest. Frankly, if someone feel this is not something I am interested; please feel free to let me know and suggest me what kind of content you want to see… Thanks in advance.

In fact, I am not putting too much my own mind what I should post, what most users here are suggesting; basically I am writing on that.

i would also say post it on your blog and you can share link or have discuss as comments system. why… it will not help you to grow

At the end of day you should get some profit out of your work.

This is one common thing, I have heard a lot “post on blog”, don’t know why it is demotivating me each time hear this.

Ps. One more thing, please don’t look at just one content. Consider looking at all threads.

Yes post the content on your blog and link back to here. It would be a nice idea.

@GulshanKumar Your #Daily_Doses are amazing, it is helping me!

I agree with @sandi at the same time!

Sorry, I don’t think it would be a nice idea. It will look plain spam and arrogant, that I am just posting my own link look like some bookmarking site. I care about user-feelings that made me think why I rarely share my link.

Second, at earlier place - I have already tried my best to answer by words rather dropping link.

Reason? It’s better to explain by words, rather diverting readers from here and there.

What If I simply told someone? Why not Search on Google? It will make feel bad. This would be a similar feeling that someone asked a qestion, and shamelessly I am promoting own link.

so let’s make it weekly.

This happens a lot on ShoutMeLoud. All posts are just filled with affiliate links and Also Read sections. :persevere:

As far question regarding posting at forum, or blog. I would like to clarify that DailyDose is not for blog, its in forum member’s interests. Both have different audience and enviroment.

If you find my post irritating, you may contribute with your valuable thread and we may feel little inspired from you. :slight_smile:

I learn a lot of new things because of these daily_dose tutorials.
Thank you!

I believe that posting in blog first and then posting link here will not provide good user experience. We have to read there and then come here to comment.

Good content is valuable and it does not have to be in wordpress site. There are forums that are strict about quality of content posted and they rank well and are busy (For example https://www.physicsforums.com/).

These daily_dose tutorials are adding a lot of keywords here and I personally believe that this forum will one day drive more traffic to this domain than WP site. So my preference is … the more the merrier.

I will be happy if this current system is not changed. But ultimately Gulshan can decide what he thinks is best.

My vision of this forum is something like the Stack Overflow, adding value to users.

I don’t want to limit like a general chit-chat place.

I will keep writing. :slight_smile:

That’s a great idea. Good luck!

Thanks for the kind words. :slight_smile:

I think it breaks the monotony of the same questions being asked. 1 year down the line there will be many newcomers. Instead of answering each one of them individually, just point them to the post on this forum. That’s much more efficient and will make this forum accessible to more advanced users cos there are many beginner forums out there but very few advanced ones

We speak so much on this forum. In fact, i am learning many new things through these posts because of the comments and social interaction power of posts