Help me choose between HostGator OR Bluehost hosting plan

Hello everyone,
I am looking forward to starting a new blog in a passive income niche as i have learnt about it a lot in past 2 years, But i don’t have the much technical know-how on this so I am confused between two hosting plans to choose from, which are as follows:-
1)bluehost.com:- shared hosting prime plan which is:-

This is 5.45$/month
VS
2) hostgator wordpress managed plan, which starts at 5.95$/months

What would be best to start with if i look forward to buying a 3year plan; Also let me know if the added site-guard, code-protect, Bluehost SEO tool etc is worth it or not? Also from what i have seen both comes with nearly equal freebies, abit here and there!

Go for bluehost basic plan , as your site is new I don’t think you need to go for bigger plan. Start with basic bluehost plan .

Garbage! You can get started on Vultr for $2.5/mo.

Message me, I will set it up in my free time :face_with_monocle:

If you still want shared hosting, then checkout Siteground.

1 Like

Don’t go with bluehost. I don’t like it.
I am using it’s higher plan but it is not good.
They not provide all features in cpanel.
Also can’t add third party ssl without purchase dedicated ip.

Both the hosting providers are trash not worth the money.

I can’t recommend these companies including all EIG host.

• Bluehost
  • GoDaddy
  • Hostgator
  • iPage

If you want hosting which is worth investing, have a look!

2 Likes

I am not going for bluehost india i am going for bluehost.com, from what i can see there is a ssl attached in that plan

I am taking about Bluehost. Com not .in

If you see ssl free , it is letsencrypt.
If you want any third party ssl they not give you any option without taking charge.
Also i am not satisfied from support team. My php application does not working properly and cron job also.
Support team not solve the issue, every time i get reply from their side environment is not according to application. I ask for give me environment but they are not setup.

2 Likes

Hi, I just wanted to know, were you able to get hosting for your site?
If you have any question, please let me know. Thanks

If you need shared hosting, choose siteground. You will never face problems and support is 100% guaranteed.

After considering all the factors above i have made my mind to start with siteground wordpress shared hosting of 5.95$ per month; once my site does well in a year or so i might move up with other options!

IS there any other suggestion from your part?
would you also help me choose a good theme if possible a free one!
The blog is going to be about moneymaking, passive income!

1 Like

Siteground is good for beginners, it is optimized host with HTTP/2, PHP 7, Caching, etc.

Other option is Cloudways
https://help.gulshankumar.net/t/migrate-wordpress-to-cloudways-using-migrator-plugin/388

1 Like