How to Install and Setup Breeze WordPress Cache Plugin?

dailydose

Breeze is a light-weight, amazing fast cache plugin that is easy to set up. This plugin is originally developed by Cloudways team. It has the active install of 10K and its enjoy 3.7 rating out of 5.

The plugin claims

Breeze is a free, simple (yet powerful) and user-friendly WordPress Caching Plugin developed by the Cloudways team. It offers various options to optimize WordPress performance at various levels. It works equally great with WordPress, WordPress with WooCommerce and WordPress Multisite.

I thought to test this plugin recently, it was an amazing experience to work with it.

TTFB: 68ms only.

Installing and setup of this plugin are far easy. Let me guide you in simple few steps.

1. Login to to WordPress Dashboard
    login

2. Add a new Plugin
    add-a-new-plugin

3. Search for Breeze cache plugin

4. Click on Install Now button
    install-now

5. Click on Activate button
    activate

6. Go to WordPress Dashboard > Settings > Breeze
    breeze-settings

7. You will see here six tabs of Breeze: Basic, Advanced, Database, CDN, Varnish and FAQs.

8. First, let’s see Breeze Basic options: Enable Cache System, avoid everything. You may not need.

9. Advanced: Leave as it is

10. Database: Here you can optimize MySQL Database for WordPress

1. CDN: If you use any CDN, you can enter its hostname here

2. Varnish: Some host like Cloudways provides a feature called Varnish for the faster performance. If you are using Varnish, make sure to enable this option to ensure Page cache can get purged at the right event.

Critic review

• Pro: UI is great, not overwhelming like W3 Total Cache. Some features look inspired by WP Rocket and Autoptimize, highly recommended for Varnish and CDN users. I found it faster than WP Super Cache.
  • Cons: Browser Cache and CDN configuration are not up to mark. It can be improved.
  • Overall rating: 4/5

I hope this helps. If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

#DailyDose

Thanks & Regards,
Gulshan

[Guide] How to Setup W3 Total Cache Plugin?
Google Cloud vs AWS Performance (Comparing the Giants)
5 reasons we don’t need to combine CSS/JS files with HTTP/2
[Guide] How to Setup W3 Total Cache Plugin?
The most awaited tutorial is here: Learn Installing LEMP

Which one to use with Varnish and CDN… Breeze or W3 Total Cache? @GulshanKumar

W3TC… what I personally use. Because I know this plugin offers complete optimization.

Thank you for this tutorial. I am not using any CDN for now.
Gzip has to be unchecked as well?

LOL :smile:

GZIP? I left it because most hosting already keep it enabled from their backend. So, enabling it and filling extra junk in .htaccess doesn’t make sense.

Ok. Thanks. I am assuming cloudways got it covered.

You are right. Cloudways has enabled GZIP compression.

Any performance plugin for Vultr? :yum:

@Paritosh Try W3TC, it will cover most things which is required.

I recently moved to Breeze. However, when a new post is published, the homepage doesn’t show it. Even in Incognito. What could be the problem? I have disabled Browser Cache under the Basic section.

It’s not compatible for your site. Please inbox for more details.

The same happened to me. I am guessing it has to do something with the left over code (by old cache plugin) in htaccess file.

Dear Friends,
I want to know something about Breeze Plugin. Is it worth using?

Breeze works great. You may try an alternative if you don’t find it suitable

WP Fastest Cache

Before, you may like to ensure that setup is correct

Do we install W3TotalCache for Vultr Server?

You can use any plugin with Vultr. But I am saying WP Fastest Cache, because it would be easy to setup and quick performance win.

Thank you so much brother for your suggestion. I will try that plugin.

Bro, I am using this configuration

And result is amazing.