How to reconnect server in serverpilot?

Dear, I need your urgent help, my website is not working.

First, it was showing error in establishing the database connection when I am trying to login to my WordPress dashboard. and when I restarted the server it is down now. Server pilot isn’t connected to the server.

Please help me

@GulshanKumar @mayanksrivastava1293

0 Likes

Hello @Suleman,
You don’t need to worry about it. Once your server will come up it will be automatically get connected to the Server pilot. You don’t need to do anything.
https://serverpilot.io/docs/reconnecting-servers

0 Likes

It’s 15 mints now

0 Likes

Is your server up now.

0 Likes

yup in vultr it is showing running,

0 Likes

how much time it will take ?

0 Likes

It gets connected within 5-10 minutes. Wait for sometime, and if the problem remains do contact the customer support.
https://serverpilot.io/contact

3 Likes

Thanks, I am waiting

0 Likes

I would suggest same.

1 Like

Before server restart on vultr it was working fine. But I cannot login to wordpress dashboard, now the website is completely down.

0 Likes

Try restarting apache and nginx.

service apache2 restart 
service nginx restart 
service mysql restart 
0 Likes

I don’t know how to do that, @GulshanKumar need your help

0 Likes

I am little busy right now. I wish I could help for the same. I would request, @rishi can you please assist if you are available?

Alternative option
I am available after 1-2 hour.

2 Likes

Download Putty, Login with your server ip address and password and restart services

1 Like

Connect to server using ssh client like putty. Alternatively you can use console option at vultr.

Enter root as user and then root password.

Then paste these commands.

That’s it.

0 Likes

You can check this tutorial for basics of putty.

1 Like

UPDATE:- Problem Sorted Out And Resolved

The Problem

Serverpilot was unable to reconnect because server crashed, may be because of unexpected shutdown. It is similar to condition when you are playing game on your PC, suddenly somebody disconnect power cord. Later when you restart PC, hard disk crashed!

The Solution

Since server can’t be accessed by sftp, ssh or vultr console, hence best solution is to create new server. And then restore WordPress from backup.

The Precaution

Always take regular backup using plugin like UpdraftPlus.

Thanks

2 Likes