HTTP to HTTPS - Sitemap pending and google search index problem

I followed the guide In-Depth HTTP to HTTPS Migration by Gulshan Sir, then I’ve submitted my sitemap months ago, and it remained pending. I deleted it and resubmitted again, and it’s still the same, pending for a week now.
Everything seems fine, though. May I know what’s wrong with my sitemap and how I can get it through?

0 Likes

Is that Sitemap belongs to HTTP version property?

If yes: please forget it.

Solution: Add sitemap path in one and only HTTPS web property. You may new to create if you don’t have.

0 Likes

Same happening with me, I migrated my blog to https long ago and still urls are indexing.

Till now only 45 urls indexed out of 165.

I am resubmitting it weekly.

0 Likes

Sir its belongs to HTTPS Web Property.

0 Likes

:cry:

0 Likes

Use New Console for Webmasters. Move to the new platform and update your sitemap there.

1 Like

I have waited for 4 months still pages/posts are not getting indexed. I dont know what happened.

I have updated the new sitemap in Robots.txt file (removed www).
Resubmitted it multiple times.

is there any other way to make google index our URL’s?

0 Likes

What is the site URL in question?

0 Likes

Please check DM.

0 Likes

I checked… and found you are accidently blocking CSS and JS of the /wp-content/plugins/ path

Consider fixing it by removing below line from the robots.txt

Disallow: /wp-content/plugins/

Another thing… The internal link are in the incosistent format

some are www, other in non-www

You must fix it…

1 Like

Thank you Gulshan for analyzing the issue. I will correct the robots.txt file.

Regarding internal linking–> Recently I have remove the www from my blog URL because of it, some URL are still with www. I will try to correct all of them.

0 Likes

Try to do Search and replace to compete in one go. No need to waste time doing one by one.

1 Like

How can I do the same?

0 Likes

Thanks Gulshan, I have used search and replace plugin to do the same. Now, all URL’s are without www and also I have corrected the robots.txt

lets see how it goes.

1 Like

Great! You’re welcome!

1 Like