Is creating a subdomain good for different niche?

Hey! am confused,
can I have 2 different niches on a single domain? or creating a subdomain for it a good idea?

I have a Music download website, now I wanna add news, headline to it, should I consider that on a subdomain or subdirectory, or I can just be publishing on the root domain?

For two niche, use two unique domains. Simple.

But it will be a separate task to main authority and others on a different domain.

My suggestion is
@Julius_Bajaj If your domain sounds like multipurpose, the subdomain is a good idea.

Example:
NDTV.com (Domain doesn’t mean anything so can be used for multipurpose)
Food.ndtv.com For cooking
gadgets.ndtv.com For gadgets and tech

I think applying a SEO tactics of high authority site at brand new domain / low-authority is simply not going to work. If you understand this earliest, it’s better. :slight_smile:

Yes, that’s somewhat I appreciate. But this works perfect if the domains sounds multipurpose as the example given above.

According to Googlers and SEOs, subdomain niche should not be completely different. The niche should be same, topics can be different. This is because subdomain is a part of the main domain. Both are technically same.

When the site authority is high, Google will not see anything else to rank an article/post.

You just can’t give example of NDTV. They’re on a different league.

Okay, It is just a big example so that you can relate.

I have also multiple niche on sub domains, working fine.

Once about dot com was also big site, now over multiple unique domains.

Go with subdomain bro. It’s the perfect SEO strategy. You need to do SEO anyway whenever you write a new post. Google treats a subdomain as a different website. So different subdomains can have different niches. Just look at NDTV, Yahoo, and even Google itself. All of them have subdomains for a different niche.
I myself own a domain whose primary niche is entertainment news. Now to expand my brand, I created a few subdomains that come under the entertainment niche like movies, music, lyrics and so on.
The best strategy would be to create a subdomain for micro-niche so that you can specifically target the audience.
Keep working hard and you will get fruitful results.

1 Like

I totally agree with you. NDTV is a news website. So they have created multiple subdomains targeting food, movies, sports and are providing news related to that niche. But yes, the root domain should be a multipurpose niche so that the micro-niche of the subdomains are justified. Because of this subdomain strategy of NDTV, they are easily getting more than 50 million visitors monthly by combining all of their subdomain visitors.

Having too many content in a single website can be very hard to handle. So its better to divide the content by creating multiple subdomain for those niche. Subdomains are the future and they can also help create a brand value of the root domain.

Creating a sub domain is good to boost your link on different niches. Online Internet Results is a holistic alternative to the big overpriced Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Internet Marketing, and Website Design companies. We offer businesses something different: a strategic partnership where we cooperatively define and implement the steps needed for online success. Kindly visit our site at onlineinternetresults so we can share our products and services thank you.