Is it good to target least competitive keywords of a competitive niche?

Will I be able to rank my website in that case?

Give a try, please don’t believe on prediction.

Yes, it works…i had worked for me…But the content should be very good. Something not done yet…if possible make a youtube video and add…It certainly helps outrank most competiton…
Make your way up…write some 10-20 post on low competetive but targeted questions which a normal guy would search for usually…this ensures you are right on track…dont worry about volume showing up in different tools i had an articke which shows 10 search volume but it gets me 1000+ PAGEVIEW EVERY MONTH… build authority using low comp. search terms…Dont go for keyword specifically…target searvh terms questions which usually people look answer for…you will build authority overtime

Yes you can try but ranking factor depends upon the content quality.

Follow this principle by @saurav_556

D ivide content in 3 part
1 first 20 posts in direct question answer type post…where you in detail answer a particular topic of the niche…
2)then next 10-15 shareable content…Tips…how to etc…
3) next 20 pillar content over 3000 words…medium to high competitive keyword with high volume …by doing step 1 and 2 in first 3-4 months you five google a good signal also google will trust you fast…now when u do third step it will be quite easy…and you need to put all effort and write these articles in the first 4 months only so you see a good growth early…the lazy you are the lazier google gets

You can see Good Results…