Migrate WordPress from Cloudways to Vultr with ServerPilot (In 1 hour)

I wrote this nearly a month ago. However, it was needed to do lots of editing. I am happy to publish it today. :slight_smile:

(Saksham Kumar) #22

But if we want to use multiple custom email for multiple domains then you create a new account for each domain as multiple domains are not allowed in the free plan.

(Manashjyoti Athparia) #23

should i remove the existing A type domain record that is pointing towards the old IP before adding the new one? and i think you forgot to write that we need to export the xml so we can import it later in wordpress :thinking:

To see WordPress site from the new server or to install Let’s Encrypt SSL, you should.

In short, you are referring to restoring WordPress. For that, I have explained how you can export wp-content and MySQL in part 2.

(Manashjyoti Athparia) #25

wrong command!

Sorry, that was a typo. Credit goes to Grammarly. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s crontab -e

Thanks for pointing out. I have corrected it.

(Manashjyoti Athparia) #27

after typing crontab -e an editor gets opened and cant do anything in it

Use :arrow_down_small: key of keyboard and type cron-job rule in the last.

(Manashjyoti Athparia) #29

but how to get out of it?

Hold CTRL and press O

This will save.

To exit, Hold CTRL and press X.

(Wands Blog) #32

Quite a few here seem to be interested in having a discourse forum. So adding this suggestion for daily_dose @gulshankumar - Steps for setting up discourse in Vultr.

And may be a thread dedicated for collecting member suggestions? Then you will know what forum members are looking for.

({ Beautiful Code!; }) #33

@gulshankumar One more question: Is there any particular reason you choose Ubuntu?

In the companies that I have worked in the software development field, I have seen them use CentOS for their Production Web Applications!

As per the below article, CentOS is much more lightweight than Ubuntu! Thanks! :slight_smile:

https://www.vultr.com/docs/choosing-an-os-centos-ubuntu-debian-freebsd-coreos-or-windows-server

Currently SP supports only ubuntu

(Manashjyoti Athparia) #35

is it possible to use premium SSL?

(sandi) #36

somehow I think xenforo or vbulletine is good.

({ Beautiful Code!; }) #37

Hope, ServerPilot can support CentOS in future, that will help in increased performance! :slight_smile:

(Wands Blog) #38

VB is outdated. Installing XF takes 10 minutes, it is modern and not very bad but styling it is a pain.

(iqbal) #39

Which cache plugin will work good for Vultr with serverPilot? :thinking:

W3 Total Cache would be flexible and best.

(iqbal) #41

Thanks… Is this w3 total cache guide is sufficient or need any extra settings for vultr?