A new WordPress user often ignore few common task such as not taking backup, or updating plugins. Sometime, this result in getting site hacked.
Common reason why a WordPress user hate updating a plugin?
- They don’t know plugin updates comes with bug fixes, improvement, security path, etc.
- Feeling lazy or afraid of breaking website
Affect of not updating
- Your site may be buggy and vulnerable to attack. If you don’t want so, please see below solution.
- Click on plugin View details > Look at changelogs to understand why need to be updated
- Check support forum to ensure there is no issue with latest version
- Click on Update.
- As possible as, keep less plugins
- Don’t store deactivated plugins.
- You may set automatic plugin update using below filter, I see JetPack also offer this kind of feature.
This filter tells WordPress automatic updater to automatically install plugin updates when they’re available.
add_filter( 'auto_update_plugin', '__return_true' );
Thanks & Regards,