Problem with admin area

Hello Guys,

Since last few weeks my admin area has been really slow. When their is more than 1000 users online I can’t even access my admin area but the front end works fine. I get message shown below when I try to access my admin area, it’s so frustrating and I have to wait till the traffic goes below 500.

Also another problem is When i select posts option in admin area it takes more than 6 seconds just to load post area even when the traffic is low. I contacted my hosting but he does not know any issue that is causing the problem and trying to find it.

If anyone has been through this kind of problem, I would appreciate your help. Thanks

0 Likes

Are you on VPS or shared?

0 Likes

• This appears you are facing this problem sometime.
  • Optimize Database
  • Keep minimum plugins. Eliminate bad egg.
  • If nothing solve, migrate to better web hosting.
0 Likes

I have a very powerful VPS server.

0 Likes

I have around 26 plugins is that bad? There was no issue before the website could handle up to 1500 traffic and I could easily access admin area. I am getting the issue since past few weeks and I have not changed anything to theme or installed any new plugins.

0 Likes

Cool. Did you recently updated any plugin?

0 Likes

Yes a updated few plugins: here is the list

Wpdiscuz
GDPR plugin
Perfmatters
Really Simple SSL
Updated my theme ( newspaper)
WP Fastest Cache

0 Likes

I would recommend using less plugins. Because plugins are likely to create uncertain issues sometime.

This can be removed by properly following this guide.

1 Like

Even GDPR plugin can be removed once the proper privacy policy is in force. Fastest cache can probably be replaced with htaccess or nginx rules.

2 Likes

I don’t know what the issue, today I updated the wordpress to 4.9.6 and all the issue seems to be gone. Maybe the issue was with the last version of wordpress. Thanks guys for help

0 Likes

Dear, You’re most welcome!

1 Like