[Process] How to add Sticky ads on AMPforWP plugin manually

dailydose

AMPforWP is one of the most popular AMP plugin for WordPress users. But on the free version, there are some limitations like, you cannot add sticky ads on your amp page.

But here is, the way where you can easily ads STICKY Ads on your amp page like this.

Follow the below steps -

Step-1 At first visit your WordPress dashboard and then click on the AMP option.

Step-2 From the AMP dashboard click on the SETTINGS option and under this option click on the Advance Settings link from the sidebar.

Step-3 Now add this code

<script async custom-element="amp-sticky-ad" src="https://cdn.ampproject.org/v0/amp-sticky-ad-1.0.js"></script>

in the Enter HTML in Head section.

Section-4 At the end you have to add your Adsense code this is format

<amp-sticky-ad layout="nodisplay"> <amp-ad width="320" height="50" type="adsense" data-ad-client="ca-pub-123456789" data-slot="98765432"> </amp-ad> </amp-sticky-ad>

in the Enter HTML in Body section.

Congratulation, your sticky ads now showing on the amp page. Hope this will help you.

For any official reference you may visit, https://ampbyexample.com/components/amp-sticky-ad/

3 Likes

Why not pay them for their hard work?

1 Like

Beacause, I am doing nothing wrong. The codes are available on the official AMP page. I am just sharing them.

2 Likes

It’s OK to pay if we don’t know or have less time to get the job done. WordPress plugin or AMP is “Open Source” which allow us to freely use. I see self try as a good learning point and money saving opportunity.

2 Likes

Sure. But then how about using the original plugin? Those AMPForWP folks have invested time and money to code such a great plugin. Do comparison of the original plugin vs AMPForWP, and see the difference.

0 Likes

Yes, it can be great as after update changes will not loose.

Edit: I just noticed that code has been added directly inside plugin UI, so no risk of lossing after update as long that feature exist.

0 Likes

There is a big difference between the original and AMPForWP plugin. It is open source but they have invested money and time in customization. Ad Plugin is their main source of revenue.

1 Like

Ya, it is so much expended form of that official plugin. I do appreciate. However, I would prefer different plugin over it due to some reason.

2 Likes

BTW…

We are free to modify any way. We didn’t cracked their paid add-on.

“This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.”

Source: AMP for WP licence.

4 Likes

Is it fully safe? will not reflect on my adsence?

0 Likes

Yes. It’s completely safe

0 Likes