Select property type In google search Console

After 1 year i am using new Google Search Console, so I bit confused with it while adding New Domain.
While adding new domain I see two option Domain & URL Prefix .

so which should i choose while adding https://www.example.com this type domain? Also, note I have a plan to create this domain subdomain so which should I choose?

Any Search Console Expert put your thoughts here?

One domain can be used for variety of propose under various subdomain, root domain or subfolder.

I would recommend using both, going with URL prefix and also domain level.

1 Like

I am using new Domain first option. Makes life easier. Don’t have to add separate 4 properties.

1 Like

Use the second option. It is easier to verify if you are using plugins like Yoast SEO, Rank Brain, etc.

1 Like

If you use domain level option, you do not get access to all tools ( especially legacy tools like URL remover ).

So you should use second one

Old search console no longer exist. In new, you can find related tools.

2 Likes

Yeah I know. But all these tools from old console are not accessible if you have a domain property added

1 Like

I am using domain option and I have all the tools.

1 Like

Are they opening when you click on them ?

1 Like

When I click legacy menu, Domain property returns that error. It works for URL prefix by redirecting to the old search console interface.

1 Like

Yes you are right. It does give me the same error. I am using domain level on my new domain so never used those tools.

1 Like

I am using domain for my blog, and it is working fine.