Should I use Cloudflare CDN?

Hey guys probably many of you are using cloudflare free CDN service then tell me what impact are you noticing.

Hey friends actually I have a Hindi blog 99% percent traffic from India so I thing I don’t need to use CDN. But… my competitors are using cloudflare.

I know it increases the speed but I found it create problems. I have enabled last time at noticed it created 500 errors.

So should I use cloudflare free cdn??

• Y
  • N

0 voters

Second I found Amzon cloudfort has 1 year free trial. Is it good?

• Should be use
  • Just ignore

0 voters

Generally, you don’t need a CDN if your 95% audience and server is in same country. I also feel that using CDN can be costly in terms of Bandwidth compared to having host.

Let’s do the maths

1 TB bandwidth price = $30 minimum for any CDN but same 1 TB can be achieved using $5 plan DigitalOcean cloud Instance.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

1 Like

However I would like to make an exception in above answer.

You may need Cloudflare or Sucuri kind of firewall if you need to handle a lot of traffic in budget, or if you are under DDoS/BOT attack.

Everyone can have different requirements or priority. If perf is just then you don’t need in same region.

1 Like

Enable CDN with Cloudflare and observe your site speed. If you can see any significant improvement in your site loading speed, continue with it else don’t use CDN.

Option 2: You can go for any premium CDN to load Images, and Scripts which also can you a performance boost.

Since CDN works with each site differently, you can come to a conclusion only if you can conduct your own testing.

1 Like

Who offers CDN ar $5?

My requirement is just and just speed.

• Site hosted on nginx server.

• GZip enabled

• HTTPS 2 Enabled

• Using lightweight generatepress theme

• Fast Cgi cache enabled

Still speed not as expected.

Edited my answer to make it more clear.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.