Someone has send email to blank address and mailed by my domain

I am really shocked by seeing how it’s possible.

Just look at below

The email came to my inbox don’t know to which email address. But the main puzzling thing is this email is mailed by my domain. How is it possible?
This is the body of the email

Email spoofing is the creation of email messages with a forged sender address. The core email protocols do not have any mechanism for authentication, making it common for spam and phishing emails to use such spoofing to mislead or even prank the recipient about the origin of the message.

Thanks @chey for the information. I have sent it to Admin & Regulatory of ABPLive. So that they are being notified about that.

There is no need to be shocked. This is PR team email about ABP Ganga’s new project and they are using subscription feature to contact you and others.

I get these emails too.

1 Like

Show Original (You will get all sort of info how e-mail was composed, which server IP was used to sent and everything)

2 Likes

I’d suspect this is due to shared mail-server or open relay. If you’d have shared the domain, I’d have tested it for possible open relay.

NB: this could be nothing to worry about as if is possible that your email was BCC’d. It is possible for some mail-servers to hide the BCC address entirely (i.e. you’ll receive email but the to address will be missing due to blind nature of bcc)

1 Like