Your website should be lightning fast to capture the audience toward your goal as soon as possible. Every second of delay reduce the visitor’s satisfaction.
I am going to share top 5 high-priority speed optimization tips that work for most websites.
- Choose the hosting server location as per your target audience. Shorter distance from server to the visitor will have faster latency.
- Check geographical location analytics and choose server location exactly from where you get the highest traffic.
Screenshot representing the location menu in in the Google Analytics
- Utilize the Caching plugin to reduce server load
The role of cache plugin is cut the unnecessary execution of PHP and MySQL database and dramatically boost performance by serving static HTML output. With the cache plugin, you can configure HTTP compression (GZIP), page cache, database and browser cache (expiry header for the static resources) to achieve the fastest performance.
- Migrate to HTTPS to leverage the benefit of HTTP/2
- HTTPS is not just useful for WordPress security but also for the web performance. With HTTPS, you can leverage the advantage of HTTP/2 automatically if the host supports.
- Audit your theme and plugin
Plugins often being the major offender for the slow website. Use less possible plugins if you want your visitors to give the fastest experience.
Remove inactive themes and plugins, this simply increase backup size. Do not remove by mistake parent theme while using a Child Theme.
Also, keep all theme and plugin updated.
- Optimize images
High-quality images are critical for making content attractive. However, a little bit optimization can help in reducing the page size and overall load time.
- Also, with the help of ShortPixel plugin images in JPEG, PNG or (animated) GIF formats can be optimized. Additionally, you can serve WebP format images for highly reduced image size.
I have always found these speed up tips most helpful.
Advanced topics for more benefits
Please take a backup first before implementing anything.
Optimize WordPress Database Easily in 5 Minutes
(Reduce database size, clear junks, remove unused table etc)
Improve Performance & Security using HSTS with HTTPS
(HSTS direct web browser to enforce HTTPS natively for the certain TTL. Preload can speed up the process of HTTP to HTTPS redirection greatly.)
Any questions or suggestion, please drop below.
Thanks & Regards,