Suggestions needed regarding comment system (developers only!)

(Not a java developer) #41

they generate thumbnails on server?

(Not a java developer) #42

plenty of options https://www.npmjs.com/search?q=image%20optimizer this is why nodejs is great

Damn JavaScript has library for everything I’m kinda jealous of them :rofl:

(DND) #44

but they also unoptimize all file … my 700x350 px image 50kb

when wordpres make its thumbnail 150x75px then size is approx 70kb :expressionless:

(Not a java developer) #45

javascript is the future :grin:

(Not a java developer) #46

:joy:

So is python and it’s not limited to browser only :sunglasses:

(Not a java developer) #48

do you think javascript is? NODE JS is there :smirk:

Kings never die!

wolf of wall street money GIF

(Abhishek Pathak) #50

Python is the king, so is Julia and so is Rust. They are the king in their respective domains.

But the thing that makes Javascript the futureproof language is the fact that Javascript is never going to die. Not until this world ends. xD

The reason is really simple – because browser vendors can’t change their scripting engine. There are billions of website, a lot of which are not even maintained but still have constant user base, and breaking their site by not supporting Javascript, browser vendors will only adopt the change for the cost of loss of users.

Anyways, I haven’t seen the future. Who knows what could happen in the software development Industry.

But I am excited for Deno, which will be the new king of all the back-end languages because it’s going to be built on Rust + Typescript :heart_eyes: but the most important thing, the creator of NodeJS is making that, learning from the mistakes he made with NodeJS.

That’s just my opinion. I believe python is very powerful and robust and surely it will maintain its place for many many more years to come.

(Not a java developer) #51

Its readme says ‘no npm’ are they going to use a different package manager?

(Abhishek Pathak) #52

It’s going to use Typescript’s import feature, which imports from URL. Relative or Remote.

There isn’t going to be node_modules anymore.

Nor npm.

I don’t know what’s in it. Development started on this June. Probably it’s going to take atleast a couple months more. :slight_smile:

(Not a java developer) #53

Hmmm. BTW I dont know typescript so It didn’t made any sense for me. :sweat_smile:

(Abhishek Pathak) #54

Thumbnails for? Displaying the references of those images (like uploaded images)
Yes, image compression and resizing is a must on the server side.

You need to create different sizes for your images. say, 300x300, 600x600, 900x900 just an example…
and dynamically query according to the screen size of the client.

(Not a java developer) #55

Is it same as JavaScript’s import?

(Abhishek Pathak) #56

I am not sure, because I never used Javascript’s import.
I use Type Script for the Node. :grimacing:

What is your opinion on jQuery? jQuery helps in reducing the code… I generally use combination of JavaScript classes + jQuery…

(Abhishek Pathak) #58

Jquery is great.
But I never used it, because with Jquery you tend to forget the Javascript syntax.
I just feel that. I had tried it for a couple of weeks, but then I had to re-learn Javascript. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am that kind of guy, who always start with the first chapter every time I sit for preparing for exams (Even I scroll though all the pages of book beginning from first to make sure I get everything correct :P). So had to redo Javascript to brush it up.

Somewhere down the line I agree with that, that’s why I’m learning React xD

I read this some where, “when jquery was first launched in 90’s it was an insanely cool thing just like react is now in 2018”.

jQuery was launched in 2006!