[Survey] Which Laptop do you use for Blogging?

(Manashjyoti Athparia) #98

Pretty crap. For $399 you will only get 4gb ram and 64gb emmc

(Vishnu) #99

Its more of a tablet than a laptop. And it definitely is not crap.

(Manashjyoti Athparia) #100

So you would spend 30k on just a tablet?

(Bihari Moderator) #101

The people who spend 40K on shitty iPad will do.

It supposed to compete with iPad in the education sector. It’s not coming to India anytime soon, so forget it :wink:

(Vishnu) #102

Exactly my point. It’s targeted against iPad.

(Pruthviraj) #103

Same here, But I upgraded RAM

(Abhishek Pathak) #104

The issue with Mac is you pay the same amount for less hardware, while non-Mac laptops provide competitive hardware for the same price.

I have a HP pavilion x360, with i7-7th gen and 256GB SSD for 72K. For the same price, you get i5 5th Gen, and 256GB mac. While macbook can stay on twice as long as mine, but my laptop outperforms this model of mac with ratio of above 1.5 ( I have been playing with the speeds with my friends Macbook )

Though for blogging purpose, Macbook is definitely is a better choice. But if you want sheer performance for same price, prefer windows laptops.

(Pankaj Sehoriya) #106

Dell Inspiron 15 7567 (i7 Processor)

(imamit) #109

Macbook Air is easy to carry, it is just 1.35kg. Also, for bloggers its good laptop. I used it more than years and no single issue found in terms of performance, battery and other.

No doubt, you will get more configuration for the same price in windows, but I dont think anyone will beat MacBook in terms of Battery life. speed, display, front camera etc.

For windows, if you start the laptop, you have to wait for a 5 min to make it ready, sometimes I get irritated of this thing, when I have urgent work, but in MacBook you can directly start your work without waiting,

Now, it is also depend for which purpose you are using laptop. If you want to install heavy software’s then go for windows.

I have HP Pavillion, Core i5 with 8 GB RAM still that laptop hangs without any heavy softwares, also, it become very hot when I open big software, playing games etc.

Can I get screen size more than 13’’?

Then go for Macbook pro. Screen size 15 inch.

It’s overpriced. :frowning:

(Bihari Moderator) #113

get xiaomi air

(Induction Motor) #114

And it comes with dated hardware.

I also noticed same. There is no Intel 8th generation latest processor. And, there are many things seems outdated to me. Such as RAM, still DDR3.

(Induction Motor) #116

have you ever heard about Razer blade?

Not available in India…

(Bihari Moderator) #118

yes, ship it from gearbest.

Something good

(Abhishek Pathak) #120

Your all points were valid, except this.

You know that right, modern machines are powered by SSD, on top of Windows. I don’t know about mac, but mine takes only 3 - 4 seconds to boot up. Prior to Windows 10, windows was never so fluidic.

Oh and yes, less than 2 seconds to shut down (Internally more, but I put the lid down in 2 seconds)

I am not against mac, just correcting you.