The END of AMP!

Google is releasing a new ranking signal in 2021, called Page Experience. With this change effectively comes the phasing out of Google’s AMP requirements.

I think everyone should be prepared for this.

1 Like

I really not a supporter of AMP.
I think there should be any alternate way to increase the speed rather than showing your visitor a site with many removed features.

Proper Implementation of AMP can show the best of your site. But everyone is not able to do that.

Many errors come of amp setup is not proper. That can cause many issues and can be notices in search console.

After seeing these people immediately decide to remove AMP and that decision also goes wrong. It returns 404 error if amp is not removed from site properly strong by step.

@GulshanKumar has written a detailed post on removal of AMP.

People who understand cloud servers never want to install AMP as they know many different ways to increase speed of website.

I think if page experience can alter the amp then it will be better.

According to Neil patel,
" The page experience signal measures aspects of how users perceive the experience of interacting with a web page. Optimizing for these factors makes the web more delightful for users across all web browsers and surfaces, and helps sites evolve towards user expectations on mobile. We believe this will contribute to business success on the web as users grow more engaged and can transact with less friction."

You can read it here

1 Like

But still it’s important for most of the News websites.

It is not.
Authority is what matters now!

But Google does partiality of showing large featured image mostly to ‘AMP users’ in ‘Google’ Discover.

The next web; doesn’t use AMP they got small featured image.

Other site got large image.

1 Like

There is a new official google plugin which can be used by all to appear in stories.
Even non news website can use it.

2 Likes

Can you pls share the plugin name/link

1 Like

Google web stories https://google.github.io/web-stories-wp/beta/

3 Likes

Edit: I was talking about Discover not web stories.

Hi @GulshanKumar
Actually you misunderstood, Google doesn’t show biasness

Here’s the example:

Or Maybe Right:

1 Like

90% time this Discover app will favour AMP pages by showing large featured image. Rarely 10% large featured image will be from non-amp site, and generally it comes with small image. You can double check.

When someone raised this query to Google team, they cited it as “bug” earlier which I still notice time to time despite they say now fixed.

2 Likes