Things to consider before starting new blog

(Mahipal) #1

Finally I am done researching about SEO things.
I am starting with Research phase for content creation. I have expertise in this niche so not that worried about it.

I want to know best tools for SEO which a beginner should use. I checked many tools but they are very costly as I don’t think I would be making. I am talking about tools like SEMRush, Moz Pro etc.

I am going to use GeneratePress for my website which is all thanks to this forum as this theme didn’t appear in GSearch results during research phase and it saved me lot of dollars :smiley:

Is it entirely necessary to have aged domains to rank well in in google?

What are the other things to consider while starting a new blog. Share your experiences.
Thanks to all in advance.

(Rishi) #2

Hi :smiley:

It is not necessary, you can rank even with new domain.

(CEO of GKHosting) #4

GeneratePress > Genesis

(CEO of InnovativeBeast.com) #5

Divi is the legend.

(CEO of GKHosting) #6

Naah bruh, Elementor > Everything

(CEO of InnovativeBeast.com) #7

Yeah you’re right. Elementor >>> Everything

(Mahipal) #8

Couldn’t agree more. Especially for non-coders.

(Gaitonde) #9

No.

Get a checklist of onpage seo to be done.
Setup GA, Webmaster etc.

Don’t go for any of these. Or best sign up with SEMRUSH trial. and later cancel subscription, still you will be able to check your position. I am doing same.

(I am a magician!) #10
  • Proper setup of logo, theme, favicon, category, menus, Wordpress settings and SEO plugin are essential from day 1. You can find our Yoast SEO plugin setup tutorial here.

Further, I would suggest making a checklist of important things.

(Mahipal) #11

https://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress#Famous_5-Minute_Installation

I am ultimate beginner in creating websites.
I am absolutely zero in coding knowledge.
I can outsource whole website development process but I want to learn to develop from scratch.(With themes ofcourse)
I am planning to use wordpress + GeneratePress (Premium).
Please can someone guide me to some resources or which approach to use from above link or any other approach which you will recommend for absolute beginner.

P.S. I also don’t know what is PHP MySQL to indicate the level of my knowledge. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am not averse to learning all the things necessary for making website. But, right now I want suggestions for quickest path for absolute newbie.

Thank you all of you for being so awesome and helpful :slight_smile:

Note :- People here don’t like bluehost but I am working in a company currently and they have Bluehost plan for unlimited websites which I will use for temporary basis until my website gets some traction. :stuck_out_tongue:

(I am a magician!) #12

There are so many things to learn but what is actual final goal after all? :thinking:

(CEO of GKHosting) #13

Send me message on Twitter…

(Mahipal) #14

I want to make a basic website fast to start with. Its a blog actually in finance niche.

(I am a magician!) #15

For starting a blog on WordPress, you do need that much information “at once”. You can learn in asynchronous way.

• get a hosting, here you can find my recommended hosts
  • use one click installer or setup manually - WordPress
  • Select a theme
  • Start writing

(Sahil) #16

I want to start a blog .
I want to know whether shared hosting is suitable for beginners .
I want to purchase shared hosting from hostgator .
It is good .
I buy for one year.
Tell me I am right or wrong

(Mahipal) #17

I checked out metadata or schema.org data of my competitor site and it is as follows

“datePublished”: “2018-08-03T00:00:00-05:00”, “dateModified”: “2018-08-03T05:00:00-05:00”

After one hour it changes to following

“datePublished”: “2018-08-03T00:00:00-05:00”, “dateModified”: “2018-08-03T06:00:00-05:00”

and so on.

What is this and how to enable this for my own site.

Note : Above is happening in one article published by my competitor site and he is ranking highly for the same in many search results.

(CFO of GKHosting) #18

What do you actually want to do? If you simply update the post, the modified date will be updated. If you change the date of the post, the datepublished will be modified.

However, updating the datepublished to any latest date could result in a penalty.

(Mahipal) #19

Sorry I forgot to mention crucial detail regarding it.

Above mentioned things are changing automatically and I don’t think so he is doing it manually every hour. Is there any plugin or software for doing it?

He is changing Date Published everyday with same content but just updated figures.

(I am a magician!) #20

You can do too if you wish. Just edit any post, and click “Update” button.