Video hosting site?

(Suprim Shrestha) #1

Hello,

Does anyone know a site where I can host a video and get .mp4 link? pls don’t suggest youtube,dailymtion or vimeo.

Thanks

(Ultra Noob) #2

Straight forward: BunnyCDN storage.

You can store video there and serve it from its cdn.

videos-cdn.example.com/video.mp4

(Suprim Shrestha) #3

Awesome thanks. I had not idea they had storage that is perfect. Do you know the cost? My site gets huge traffic.

Thank you

(Ultra Noob) #4

$0.01 /GB (Monthly)

You’re welcome!

(Suprim Shrestha) #5

That is just for storing video. But I want to let user watch the video as well so it will cost a lot right?

(Ultra Noob) #6

You can store anything.

Yes, it will cost you as per bandwidth, you can check their pricing page to know about it.
BunnyCDN offer 14 days trial, you can give a try to understand about your usage.

(Suprim Shrestha) #7

I have bunnycdn and just tried it and instantly the bandwidth went 1gb in 2 minute. That way it will be expensive.

Do you know any free sites where I can share videos? Thanks

(Ultra Noob) #8

Dropbox

(Ultra Noob) #9

Or, if usage is just Video, you can also upload to Facebook and embed to your site.

(Razor) #10

Why are u not using Youtube with the “Unlisted” Video type?? On youtube people cant watch the video but they can watch it on your site.

And you can also demonetize the video so no ads will be shown.

I had once hosted videos on a CDN and the cost was high because videos make less money for us but they consume huge bandwidth. A single click can consume 50MB which is a lot.

So its better to go with these massive video handlers. Another alternative is to store videos in google drive and then use a google drive video player plugin or simply ember the video just like we ember videos with youtube. Google drive has much cheaper rates for storage approx $2 for 100gb storage and it does not charge for bandwidth.

(Blog Boi) #11

Try DigitalOcean Spaces, they provide 2 months trial.

Plan : $5 per month

Features:

• 250 GB of storage

• 1 TB of outbound transfer

• $0.02 per additional GB stored (after 250GB limit)

• $0.01 per additional GB transferred (after 1TB limit)

You can try dropbox, make sure that your video file size is optmized.

Get the Dropbox share link and replace dl=0 with raw=1 and use HTML code to embed it to your website.

Limitations: https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/banned-links#traffic

<video width="400" controls>
  <source src="https://www.dropbox.com/s/ih9nfz0aenwrqd9/Lil%20Pump%20-%20You%20Ain’t%20Living%20Life%20Like%20Me%20%28OFFICIAL%20SNIPPET%29.mp4?raw=1" type="video/mp4">
</video>

(Suprim Shrestha) #13

@razor That is actually good idea. The thing is I am going to upload sport highlights and they get copyright strike sometime. Will it be alright uploading it to youtube? On google drive after certain amount of video play the video will stop working.

@BlogBoi @Paritosh I don’t think they will work for me, I tried bunnycdn yesterday and even on my low traffic the bandwidth has crossed 500gb in less than 24 hours.

I don’t think they take down unlisted videos :thinking:

(Suprim Shrestha) #15

hmm I will give it a try. Thanks

(Razor) #16

Ideally if video is unlisted then no one should report it. So it would be best to use unlisted video urls.

" Unlisted means your video will not come up in search results or on your channel either. Only those who know the link can view it, and you can share the link with anyone, even those who do not have a YouTube account/username. This means that this video could still be seen by anyone, but only if they guess the link!"

(Suprim Shrestha) #17

I just uploaded the video on youtube as unlisted and it is not even uploaded fully and video already got copyright strike LMAO

(Razor) #18

Wow. Respect for youtube. Jitna C samjha tha utna nahi hai.

Then i think u will have to try CDN. But then go with the cheapest one man. Bunny CDN is the best option.

But remember - if copyright issues, then the site can get u banned from bunnycdn also. So use a fake account on bunnycdn.

(Suprim Shrestha) #19

Yeah youtube is really serious on copyright especially sports video. I am using bunnycdn but it is too costly

That is my 1 day stats.

I think i am just gonna start my own website and and host it on my server.

Thanks guys for help.

(Razor) #20

Well, it will be even more costly on hosting. Digital ocean provides $10 for 2 TB. So it comes literally the same with bunny cdn.

If u mean ur own server then that is a different ball game. But be careful please. For 50k to 1 lakh u should not risk ur life. If it goes legal. Please take all precautions.