What is your strategy before writing a post

Everyone is having different writing skills. And many of them are successful. So let’s know each others strategy before writing a post till publishing it.
Actually my own strategy is as follows:-

1. First of all I search for the main keyword which i want to write.
  2. Then i search it on google and analyse all the competetors and to know what thay have written and what is missing which can be implemented in a better and easiest way.
  3. Then i go for more keyword research and find some more keywords related to the same topic to elaborate it make it like a single pot contains many useful points which have not written till now.
  4. Now i find LSI keywords for the same extra points atleast i use 3 LSI keywords.
  5. I write in 2-3 days before that i prepare the data and find source for them.
  6. Now i start writing which takes many hours untuk i get satisfied from it. So i write only two posts in a week.
  7. After finish ing the article i look for the keywords i used should not more than 2.5%. So i check all the different keywords i used by putting it in Yoast focus keyword box one by one.
  8. Then i keep the main keyword in title, meta description, url.
  9. Now its ready to publish.
    Thats it
    Done…
4 Likes

I have a different strategy called content mix. This is really essential for fast and good ranking.
My blog have usually 3 types of post:

Reply post:- where i reply a direct question asked by many people. I dont follow a keyword strategy. I follow a question strategy here.

Say i am working on puppy. I would search questions like Can puppy look in the dark? Can a puppy swim? Etc etc. These are generally low competition small volume keyword with 0 exact info. So i usually rank within few weeks for these content.

This makes google think i am good at the niche and then i go for shareable content which helps in building links in pinterest and other youtube etc.

Then i go for big keyword with meaty content(4000+ words)
These are the main content which draws most of my traffic.

The small question blog at beginning are usually 1500-2000 words which answers a direct question along with some related questions which other people calls as long tail keywords.

I usually write this small post in a day and post over 40 post in first 2 months itself thus ranking for a lot of niche keywords and building my brand for big keywords.

Big blog posts usually takes a longer time like 2-3 days as they are long form and i go for lots of infographs and a youtube video on it.

I also make lot of small yourube videos for small answer posts which have some competition thus it helps in ranking more as you have more content mic of video infographs and long content in your blogs.

I usually make 1 infograph atleast of process, data or any information for every blog post.

4 Likes

Many people do a simple mistake. They go for big keywords on a new site. Google definitely takes a long time to rank a new blog for a keyword that has a content already present. So strategy is to make a good image in googles eye by writing on niche topics which no one is writing winning lots of snippets and position one and then going for bigger keywords which makes it easier to rank. With this startegy any site can rank within 7-8 months of starting but that requires hard work, dedication to keep on working day in day out everyday for first few months if starting

0 Likes

Previously I did keyword research and wrote articles…Like ××× interview questions. Though I got ranked good and also views but bounce rate is high. I instead find more success by writing about a topic in-depth. Example Angular 7 there are many tutorials. But I still got ranked for some topics which are not readily available. The bounce rate is less in such cases and page view duration higher due to more user satisfaction.

0 Likes

Bounce rate is not bad. Pogo sticking is bad.
If a user comes to your page. Goes back and visit other site for same info. Thats bad.
Bounce rate can be as high as 80%. But if people are not pogosticking and spending more time in page its great!

1 Like

Hmm…It will depend on your strategy. For long term growth I would like to have articles that engage users more and have less bounce rate. It’s worth putting more efforts to achieve this . I think it helps develop a brand.

1 Like

Bounce rate is not a bad thing and building a brand is nothing to do with bounce rate.
Say i wanted to learn how can i bath my dog right now and i read an article and got the info. Now i click back and get to my work of bathing them.

So in google view i bounced back and spend 0 sec. In the page as i didn’t click any other link there was no execution so even if i stayed for 15 min and closed google counts it as 0sec . and 100% bounce rate.

So, now google have came up with pogosticking to rank better. If i pogostick that means i had bad experience but just because i bounced of doesn’t mean i had a bad experience. Thats what google have told in their 200 page guide explaining their matrix of ranking made for their quality checkers!

User experience is must. You must have good content and long form content.
But only relevent one. Many people gets off topic trying to make content long which is again a bad user experience.

Good, helpful,on-point long content is the key.

Answer the question the user came for and then further next 4 question he might think about.
People will go crazy when they get such good content!

0 Likes

My strategy:

1.) choose the topic and then keyword research

2.) Scan the top 10 results and write down their content main points

3.) Create an Outline

4.) Write the article. I just spit out all the knowledge I have and then optimize it later

5.) Then I optimize the article (adding hooks, less complicated structure, links, breaking down the article properly and other things)

6.) Read the article to make sure it is easy to read.

I use Windows Sticky notes to organise the work and Microsoft Onenote on Android to synchronise.

I have many templates of different type of article categories. It makes the writing easier and faster.

3 Likes

Your blog should have great SEO score huh

1 Like

Sure. Thanks any suggestion for Free keyword search tool…

0 Likes

Use google auto suggest.
Nothing can give you better keywords than that.
type partial words and see what google autofills.
Thats your keyword.
Also related terms below the page.
Although tools might show them 0 volume but definitely they have good volume.
Never trust a keyword tools for volume suggestions
You can also refer people also ask section for more

1 Like

Uber suggest is a kachra

0 Likes

Waste

0 Likes