WordPress 5.5 Launch

WordPress 5.5 Launched with Image Lazy Loading, Inbuilt XML Sitemap, Featured Gutenberg Editor, and lots more. Helped to remove one plugin which is been used for Lazy Loading. Thus saving potential disk space, bandwidth, and makes the site faster.
I just updated one of my blogs to see the changes.

As @AbhishekVerma shared on forum:

2 Likes

Any glitch? I think I will wait for few days before updating

Just updated, found better. But I want to disable it’s default XML Sitemap. @GulshanKumar any easy way to do that?

No need to take any action!
If you are using any plugin for Lazy Loading, disable the function as WordPress by its default will do the same and it’s working for me…

Nothing as of now! But however, you backup before updating or else install in your staging environment for testing.

If you use Yoast then yoast will disable it automatically.

Does Yoast old version 13.5 can also do that?

No, You at least need 14.5 but I would highly suggest to update to their latest version 14.7 which is compatible with wordpress 5.5

Will wait for couple of days and see If I can update Yoast before upgrading to WP 5.5.

Going to wait for a few weeks until I see every plugin I use either release a new update or mark their plugin tested with WordPress 5.5.

I have found this new auto-updates plugin feature after 5.5 update.

Have you found the WordPress default option of sitemap because still I didn’t get!

No setting option is there but default sitemap will be available at “yoursite/wp-sitemap.xml”

This new wp admin color scheme Modern has been added in Wordpress 5.5

1 Like