I am writing here about my experience, Was I have used amp over 2 and a half years.
What are the advantages:
- Improves Website Loading Time
- Page view increases
- No extra loads on your origin server, Google host your cached data
- Increases Mobile Ranking: Although AMP has not established itself as an independent ranking factor, it can be judged concerning its mobile-friendliness and faster page load speed times. Site speed and conversion rate are strongly related.
What are the Disadvantages:
- Decrease In Ad Revenue
- Difficult to Generate Leads and Subscribers
- *If you update the article it will not reflect immediately
- **Still loading slow on the slower network (As we know the AMP project basically on 2G or slow network)
- Ads loads slowly
- There is no depth analysis in Google Analytics.
My opinion: I do not recommend implementing AMP (at least if you have a mobile-friendly, responsive website). Wait until AMP becomes a ranking signal. Let it withstand the test of time. After all, Google could still abandon AMP as a failed technology.
Note: For breaking news website AMP is important.